Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sewer Update (brought to you by Mastercard)

O.K. My sewer issues are finally resolved. After getting multiple bids of $2800 to replace my house's sewer line, my friends came to the rescue and helped me dig a giant hole in my yard to save me $2000. So, on Monday morning I got up early and busted open my sewer pipe with a hammer. After gravity did its job, I discovered that there was one 3-foot segment of pipe that was completely filled with roots that had apparently snuck in and grown healthy because of a previous patch job gone wrong. I removed that segement and threw it out. The Roto Rooter guy showed up a few minutes later and replaced that section of pipe in about an hour.

Total cost = $196.75 (parts and labor) + $35.94 (shovels and work gloves) + BLT's, cheese sanwiches and Cokes (to feed the free labor)...you do the math.

Friends who show up when the sewer breaks...priceless.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Steele said...

Hooray! I agree, that is an amazing story. But I'm not doing math. That's why I teach English, silly.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Praise God for friends, God is good all the time no matter what.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Aaron Geist said...

Awesome!

9:03 AM  
Blogger DMC said...

I was there in spirit

9:27 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

you know, you can submit that to mastercard. They are taking entries and offering rewards.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home