Friday, February 29, 2008

The Zoo with the Godfather

It was supposed to rain today, but it ended up being beautifully sunny and 59 degrees at 11am, so Brooklyn, Aaron (Brooklyn's Godfather, who took the pictures) and I went to the zoo. It was Brooklyn's second trip to the zoo, because Jessica took her the other day with Beth and Juliette, (which I resented at the time). We had a great time. Most of the animals were out and about. I have never seen the giraffe as active as it was today.

Brooklyn's favorite thing was the ducks. I find it a bit ironic that the ducks and the beavers are part of the same exhibit. It's enough to make any Duck or Beaver fan squirm. But as you can see, Brooklyn was quite taken with the Ducks and when I put her directly in front of the Beaver, she looked the other way. As you can imagine, this made my heart glad. Without any coercion, she chose good over evil. If only it were so easy to overcome the human condition. So, as my friend Nathan's son Jackson would say, cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Geist said...

Let's not equate good & evil with our sports teams...Now awesome & lame works depending on who we're talking about.

Good times though.

5:51 PM  
Blogger DMC said...

I knew Brooklyn would be a duck! Please don't allow The Godfather to have any kind negative influence on her regarding Ducks and Beavers

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home