Outside of my box, just like good art
I had a gal from our church community come up to me on Sunday night. She told me that she thought God wanted her to lay her hands on me and pray that I would be blessed with the gift of writing during Holy week...so that's just what she did. Three poems later, I'm really glad she did. Here's number 2
on Art and the Artist
Art is not for looking at, but looking through
Or so I've heard that such is true.
But for the artist, more, I think.
Simply peering through to see
Another's meaning (or your own) is for you
Incomplete.
The Creative Spirit, hovering in the chaos beckons
Dance, sing, paint, sculpt
Craft a lyric, turn a phrase
Utter the notes unplayed.
Create, O artist! that which can neither be
Explained, contained or otherwise known.
Because for you
Art is not for looking at or through
But looking with.
ju
04.12.06
on Art and the Artist
Art is not for looking at, but looking through
Or so I've heard that such is true.
But for the artist, more, I think.
Simply peering through to see
Another's meaning (or your own) is for you
Incomplete.
The Creative Spirit, hovering in the chaos beckons
Dance, sing, paint, sculpt
Craft a lyric, turn a phrase
Utter the notes unplayed.
Create, O artist! that which can neither be
Explained, contained or otherwise known.
Because for you
Art is not for looking at or through
But looking with.
ju
04.12.06


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home