Sneak Preview #5
I go back and forth on my favorite song that I have written. But this one definitely gets consideration. I do like the music, but I like it mostly because it calls us as followers of Jesus to care about the things that God cares about and it reminds me every time I sing it (or hear it, now that it's been recorded.) The song is called What You Want, and I'm posting the lyrics, too.God we want what you want
We just don't know how
Your will be done through the Son
Not only in heaven, but now
We forget how to live
Your truth becomes our lie
Break our hearts, make us weep
For the things that make you cry
People starving, no one feeds them
The sick and dying, but no one sees them
Broken people, we don't love them
AIDS is killing, but we do nothing
Fear and anger, hate and violence
There's poverty, suffering, indifference and greed
Come to our rescue, great God of justice
Help us do something so Your kingdom comes
Through us


1 Comments:
So, how do I get my hands on such an amazing little CD? Are your songs copyrighted, or can our church beg, borrow and steal them?
Email me: kostbade@sbcglobal.net
Thanks! Hi to Jess!
Amy Kostbade (Babbitz...Mann...whatever!)
Post a Comment
<< Home