Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Passion '06 - Nashville, TN

I find myself in the middle of 18,000+ college students and leaders (many indigenous to the south) who are here to experience, learn and share in the worship of God. Just a couple of quick observations for now. 1.) Let's just say that Nashville, TN is definitely not Portland, OR...geographically or culturally. 2.) 18,000 voices unified in worshiping God through music is pretty amazing. 3.) It's good to take a break from "leading" worship and be led into the presence of God by someone else. 4.) I am more emotionally tired than I realized.

One quick story (that kind of goes with #3 & 4 from above). They divided the whole conference into "community groups" which are smaller, more manageable groups of 1000 or 3000 or something. Anyway, when we were in those groups, they had us divide up into groups of 8, introduce ourselves to each other, and say why we shouldn't be the leader of the group. The reason that I came up with is that I shouldn't be the leader because I can't remember the last time that I was somewhere and didn't feel like I had to be the leader of something. I was relieved that they didn't elect me as the leader. I think I just needed a break...so far so good. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Geist said...

I am jealous! I hope you have a great time, and learn much.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home