Monday, April 17, 2006

And on the 7th day...

It is weeks like this when I realize why God rested on the 7th day. My week was full of stuff...all good, but nonetheless full. We set aside Holy Week at our church for a time of prayer in which we transform our auditorium in to an interactive prayer space. We are supposed to rearrange our lives to spend time seeking God. Several 14 hour days later I feel like the closest I got to silence was the poem that I wrote about it. I rearranged my days, all right...to organize, plan, open, close, take care of details, rush around and try to squeeze in time to experience that which I encouraged everyone else to experience.

Don't get me wrong. I had an excellent week. I did find some time to pray and seek God with my community. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat because I think it helps our community pray. In fact, I wish we had that space as a permanent fixture in our church. But now, I'm exhausted. So tomorrow is my 7th day...a couple of days late...and I'm going to do what God did.

Good night...I'm going to sleep.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Geist said...

Does this remind you of your day on the mountian?

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home